Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year - Asian Style

According to Francy McAllister, there is a tradition in Japan that before New Year's you clean your house from top to bottom or from bottom to top, if you prefer. She was right! I googled it (a wonderful thing) and discovered Mrs. G, who two years ago posted on her blog that this is a tradition. For her most helpful post, please see: http://www.themrsg.com/2008/12/oosouji-japanese-new-year.html.

This week, while Harry and Francy were here, we cleaned and organized the basement and discussed the need for shelves. Oh, it was fantastic! We got rid of stuff, we organized things. Now, easy to find and easy to put away. Plus, we had cleaned before they got here so our living areas and bedrooms were nice and clean. It is beautiful. I have a clear work table for my stained glass. No excuses to not make stained glass, right?

I find that I am a much calmer, rational, happy individual if my house is not a mess. When the house becomes a JOB to take care of all the clutter and to clean, that is when it becomes so overwhelming and totally clouds my emotions and stresses me out. A Happy Heidi=A Clean House. I get this from my mom. Although, I don't get cranky before company comes like she does. :) LOVE you, Mom!

Tonight, John and I are cooking Thai Green Curry with Tofu and veggies. It is my favorite kind of curry, but yet I don't eat it very often. It is a wonderful flavorful dish. And easy! A resolution: to eat more Thai Green Curry. A yummy way to ring in the New Year.

Good curry with a clean house. A Happy New Year indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment